Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel Foundation
Scholarship for Attending the ICCA Congress in Edinburgh
THE KARL-HEINZ BÖCKSTIEGEL FOUNDATION
The Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel Foundation (www.khboeckstiegel-foundation.org) was set up in 2021 by Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel: it is a non-profit foundation established for the purpose of promoting science and research in the field of arbitration by
- conducting and supporting scientific events and research projects,
- funding dissertations and other publications,
- supporting projects to promote arbitration and
- providing support to moot courts.
The scholarship will offer a number of young academics (born in 1982 or later) financial support to attend the ICCA Congress from 18 to 21 September 2022 in Edinburg. The programme is open to young academics who have already been working on arbitration projects (like for example a PhD thesis) and who would otherwise not be able to attend the ICCA Congress.
The scholarship will cover
- the ICCA Congress registration fee (which will kindly be reduced by the ICCA Organizing Committee to GBP 840 including VAT),
- travel costs (based on respective receipts) up to an amount of
- EUR 400 for a flight time up to four hours,
- EUR 700 up to seven hours, and
- EUR 1,000 in case of more than seven hours flight time, and
- accommodation costs (based on respective receipts) up to an amount of EUR 300.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications together with
- a CV,
- evidence of their academic credentials,
- a description of the academic projects in the field of arbitration on which the applicant worked in the past and/or is currently working on, and
- a description of why participation at the ICCA Congress is particularly helpful for her/his work and why the scholarship is necessary to make the Applicant’s attendance possible.
Applications are to be submitted by close of business on 24 June 2022 to the email-address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before submitting an application, please review the Scholarship’s full Terms and Conditions.
After the final application date, all applications will be reviewed by the Young ICCA Selection Committee, which has kindly agreed to review and assess the applications, based on the above-mentioned application requirements, also taking into account considerations of diversity, following which it will provide a recommendation to the Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel Foundation. The scholarship will be awarded by the mid July 2022 by the Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel Foundation on the basis of this recommendation.
Please note: Any applicants that are related to the Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel Foundation, Young ICCA Co-Chairs, Young ICCA Selection Committee Members and any individual involved in the decision-making process will be excluded from consideration.
For more details, please consult our full Terms and Conditions. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]